Department of Pediatrics
A pediatrician encompasses qualities of a medical detective, a counselor, and a healer. There is an element of intrigue in searching for signs and symptoms of diseases and solving diagnostic dilemmas.
This is especially true with infants who can’t verbally assist the physician to identify the location of their problem. Pediatricians do a great deal of parent counseling as they teach them to become advocates for their children. Pediatricians serve as counselors for children in the battle against obesity, youth violence, and unintentional injuries. Somali Sudanese Specialized Hospital provides you excellent and affordable medical care.
List of services offered at Somali sudanese
- Antenatal Counseling
- Neonatal Screening
- Intensive Care of Newborn Baby.
- Special care baby unit.
- Treatment of all general, pediatric conditions.
- Comprehensive pediatric practice
- Diabetic blowup care.
- Counseling about breastfeeding, Supplement feeding, weening.
- Nutrition and growth monitoring
- Asthma follow up and care
- 24 hours clinical service
- Treatment of Newborn Babies With Jaundice With Photo-therapy.
- Resuscitation of newborns in the delivery room and follow-up.
- Our team welcomes referrals from all specialty teams within the hospital that require general pediatric input for their patients.
- If teams are unsure whether a problem requires general pediatric input or sub-specialty input, the General Paediatric Team is happy to discuss the management of these patients, review them if appropriate, and/or give advice on referral to other specialties as needed.
- The General Paediatric Team consults on a range of issues including acute illness, nutrition, neonatal care, growth, and development. However, we are available to provide general pediatric input into the holistic care of all patients across the hospital irrespective of which specialty they are under.
- Full-service lab, drawn by pediatric nurses
- Respiratory care
- Interventional radiology procedures
- Nutrition counseling
- Intramuscular and subcutaneous injections
- Intravenous injection
- nebulizer inhaler
- Moderate sedation and general anesthesia, as needed for procedures
- Diagnostic X-rays
- MRI with anesthesia capabilities, if needed
The Department of Neonatology is a department for newborn infants with special needs for treatment, care, or observation of premature babies they work under the Pediatrician specialist Dr.Mutawakil and her team of dedicated and competent GPs and Nurses look after these special babies and their families during the period they are under their care The unit consists of 8beds, which five of them are incubators, they also have warmer, phototherapy, and monitors and infusion pamb, also have a ward for the admissions for those needing inpatient care
Meet Our Doctors
We provide the highest possible standard of care and treatment in a professional and compassionate manner to every person who avails of our services” and Our medical specialists are certified medical specialist, PHD holders in their field of specializations, with experience rage of 7-40 years.