Neurologists diagnose, treat and manage disorders that affect the central nervous system (the brain and spinal cord) and the peripheral nervous system (nerves and muscles which activate movement and transmit sensation from all parts of the body to the brain).
Neurologist’s conditions we treat
- multiple sclerosis
- peripheral neuropathy (disease affecting the nerves) including chronic neuropathic pain
- Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders (eg tremor)
- Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) also known as motor neuron disease. MND (causing weakness and muscle wasting due to nerve degeneration)
- spinal cord diseases
- muscle diseases like muscular dystrophy (causing weakness of muscle fibres)
- myasthenia gravis (where the muscles become weak and tire easily) and related disorders
- brain tumours
- functional disorders (symptoms which cannot be explained by neurological damage)
- MRIand CT scans
- Electroencephalography (EEG) to look for signs of epilepsy
- Electromyography(EMG) measures muscle response or electrical activity
- If a patient requires surgery, the neurologist refers them to a neurosurgeon.
Meet Our Doctors experts
We provide the highest possible standard of care and treatment in a professional and compassionate manner to every person who avails of our services” and Our medical specialists are certified medical specialist, PHD holders in their field of specializations, with experience rage of 7-40 years.